Sunday, March 30, 2014
1. Golden is the key word when it comes to my jewelry preference. It just looks so good with everything and makes my skin look better! Nowadays, I don't use too much of showy necklaces and stuff but I really like to use some little things like ear cuffs to spice up my outfits.
2. I found a very beautiful toilet bag from H&M that has a Gatsby styled golden pattern on it. It was way too cool to be hidden in the toilet closet forever, so I decided to test if it could be used as a purse too. Well, it looked gorgeous and no one could tell it was actually a toilet bag. Perfect!
3. I have kind of fall for the style of the 80's (I'll tell more about this later) and my red waist belt is just like stolen from that lovely decade of the LSD colors! It looks damn good with jersey dresses.
4. I'm so in love with this H&M skirt! It's so girly, beautiful and the floral pattern is just perfect for spring. I just want wear it everyday!!
5. I have a bad habit of forgetting old bags when I buy a new one, that's why I haven't been using this patent leather bag for ages, but now that I found it, I just can't keep my hands of it. It's so classy and modern!
6. Now that spring has arrived, it is time to burn your dark depressing clothes and find some colors to lift up your mood to the happy mode. That's exactly why I picked up this wild red blouse couple weeks ago. The fabric is very light so it will be just fine for the summer too!
7. Pastels are the colors of spring! I've been using mostly coral and mint tones on eyes and peach on lips and cheeks, they give a fresh and natural look for the sunny days. In addition, I have been wearing several layers of mascara since I am bit of a fan of long lashes right now. And to have a little party everyday, I used some lilac glitter on my nails. (And yes, I know... The nail post that I've been talking about for ages... It is seriously coming soon! Sorry...)
8. I think Clubmasters are the sunglasses of the coming summer, or at least they should be because they are just so freakingly cool that I want to wear them even when it's dark outside! I have always loved classic frames and Clubmasters are just perfect!
9. Like I have(n't) told you, I actually have afro curls so I have to use straightener everyday to keep it like this and to keep my hair from falling out of my head, I use this amazing oil thing. It moisturizes and makes my hair shiny and healthy looking. I definitely recommend it.
10. To keep my golden line on clothing, I have also used a pair of golden heels! They make any outfit look glamorous and ready for partyin'. Love them!
Monday, March 24, 2014
Spring is here!
The sun is shining at last to our cold Winterland and the dark times are hopefully over. To celebrate these lovely warm days, I want to give you a glimpse of this spring's eyewear trends and I think Warby Parker's Spring collection is perfect for it!
If you aren't familiar with Warby Parker, it is an American eyewear brand who sells vintage styled frames online. They have also few stores in The United States, for example in New York and Los Angeles. Warby Parker's glasses are affordable because they design them in-house and in order to avoid retail costs, they don't use a third party, but sell their products directly to customers.
Warby Parker's Spring 2014 collection includes eight new shapes in six different colors and most of the them are available for both women and men, so I bet everyone can find new look for the coming summer. The frames are classically styled and the color palette is very down-to-earth, spiced with a few color splashes. Check out the whole collection here!
Here are my favorites from the collection:
BURKE - Tennessee Whiskey
KIMBALL - Marzipan Tortoise
MARCEL - Aurora
MARCEL - Aurora
REILLY - Whiskey Tortoise
Senna Vodzogbe Photos: Warby Parker
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Well, after this fairly awkward start I like to say that I really appreciate Matthew McConaughey but come on, when will it be Leo's turn? I really loved him in Gatsby and The Wolf of Wall Street so yes, I'm bit disappointed that he didn't win. However, the show was great, Ellen was hilarious and hey, it's my favorite day of the year since my two greatest passions (fashion and movies) come together, so no hard feelings, the night was perfect!
This year's most wore color on the red carpet was definitely sparkling nude spiced up with some glitter. Other trend was black gown with metallic details. White was the color of men, I think Matthew wore it best. "The most memorable look" title goes to Pharrell Williams for his tuxedo shorts.
Here are my favorites from the red carpet:
Lupita Nyong'o looked like a Disney princess in her Prada dress and Fred Leighton jewelry. The light blue is perfect for her and the hairband is so adorable!
I have a love/hate relationship with Jennifer Lawrence but I definitely loved her wild red peplum gown. She was wearing Dior Haute Couture and Neil Lane jewelry. I love the way she wore the necklace "backwards", I have to try that out!
Giuliana Rancic looked stunning in Paolo Sebastian dress and Forevermark Diamonds jewelry. I adore the color and the pattern of the top. So beautiful!
Emma Watson was dazzling as always in her metallic ensemble. She was wearing Vera Wang top and skirt and her jewelry were from different brands, one of them Chanel.
This Atelier Versace gown is gorgeous and Kate Hudson looks so glamorous in it. I love the removable cape detail, which created an alternate look of the dress.