Sunday, February 16, 2014

Elie Saab Spring 2014 Couture



When it comes to catwalk fashion, I really adore designers whose collections are full of red-carpet dresses that take your breath away. Elie Saab definitely stole a place on my favorite list with his Spring 2014 Couture show.

The collection painted a beautiful picture to the catwalk of Paris Fashion Week. According to the designer, the collection's pastel color palette was inspired by the Dutch artist Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema whose paintings often included glamorous women wearing antique dresses. In addition to the floral tones, Alma-Tadema's influence can be seen in the classical cuts such as empire lines.

The fairytale feeling of this collection steals my heart. The enchanting gowns with layered silk chiffon and the colorful blooms make every model look like a fairy queen. I especially fall for the dresses with ombre from blush pink to vivid blue.

Here are my favorites, check out style.com for the whole collection.












Photos: style.com


-SV

2 comments :

  1. When I first saw his collection I was a huge fan of so many of the dresses that it was impossible to choose one or two favorites. I like several of the dresses you have chosen to feature here.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those dresses are gorgeous, I can't wait for it to warm up a little where I am!

    almondrabbit.co.vu

    ReplyDelete