Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Oscars 2013


 I spent most of my life watching movies and my dream is to work in the film industry, so it's not surprising that the Oscars are quite big deal for me. I have been able to watch them only couple times on live, but those couple sleepless nights have been totally worth it.

Because in addition to awards a great part of the Oscars is about those fabulous dresses, I decided to list here my own top 5 Academy Award dresses (they aren't in any particular order):

Kristin Chenoweth looked absolutely amazing in her Tony Ward dress and Simon G jewelry. Her simple updo was pefect with the dramatic dress. I love especially the silver embroidery.

 
 I didn't see Nancy O'Dell's dress in the actual live show but I spotted it later in the internet and I fell in love with it. The color is just so beautiful. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the designer's name.

Kelly Rowland's Donna Karan Atelier dress was stunning with its beautiful slit. Love the way the color contrast highlights the amazing cut.
 Many dresses had golden embroidery, but I think that Catherine Zeta-Jones' dress designed by Zuhair Murad was the most beautiful. She is wearing Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.

 Olivia Munn in Marchesa dress was absolutely gorgeous. I adore the embroidery and the cut of the dress.


And last, here are my favorite details from the Oscars:

 
Left: Reese Witherspoon's wavy hair stole my heart, so beautiful. 
Right: Samantha Barks's Valentino dress was quite simple but her wonderful necklace completed the outfit perfectly


p.s. Congrats to Christopher Waltz, he totally deserved second Oscar!

No comments :

Post a Comment